- Google on Papias quote from Apollinarius (Apollinaris) of Laodicea
- http://www.yelp.com/biz/orlando-taxinearme-orlando-2 on Suetonius (and Tacitus) and the New Testament #3 Quirinius
- constance spotts on Living memory
- Denis on Sol Invictus evidently not a precursor to Christmas
- Adelaide on Papias quote from Apollinarius (Apollinaris) of Laodicea
Monthly Archives: August 2009
I have received several leads from a kind reader, William Murphy, regarding additional allusions and possible fragments of Papias. I will take the next several weeks to look into them and then get them online.
I added a new fragment from Jerome’s Commentary on the Apocalypse, added a comment to Irenaeus’ fragment and added another comment to one of Eusebius’ fragments, both of which concern Victorinus of Pettau. If anyone knows of other fragments of … Continue reading
I have collected and posted the complete fragments of Papias here. I added a handful of fragments not given by Holmes’ The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations and corrected and updated others. Much thanks and credit is due … Continue reading
I have completed the rough draft of Hippolytus’ Chronicon and it is now being voluntarily corrected by the kind Yancy Smith. I hope to have it online for you all in September.